The consulting company UPGRADE on behalf of its client, a newly established international cigarette manufacturing company in northern part of Greece, is looking for (1) one person to staff the following position:
Budgeting and Costing Supervisor
Position Code: BGCSTSV0722
- Responsible to implement effective budgeting policies and procedures.
- Provide to the Managers advice and assistance during budget preparation (Payroll Budget, Capex, Opex).
- Ensure department managers meet budget submission deadlines.
- Review budget estimates for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with company’s procedures and submit recommendations.
- Present annual budgets to Management for the approval.
- Identify variances between actual and budgeted financial results at the end of each reporting period (monthly, quarterly, yearly).
- Comparing historical results against budgets and performing variance analysis to explain differences.
- Provide detailed analysis and commentary on cost center results to each cost center responsible and to the Management.
- Responsible for cost accounting calculations and all sub elements of manufacturing cost.
- Plan, organize and direct all the activities of the cost analysis.
- Manage day to day operations of the cost accounting to monthly close, analysis and reporting to Management.
- Liaise with Managers and support Management decisions by providing appropriate cost information and data.
- Prepare ad hoc reporting and analyses and assist Finance team with research on cost accounting questions and assist with special projects as requested.
- Gathers historical cost data (materials, labor, depreciation, operating expenses, etc.), to compare budgets with actual expenses.
- Reviews and carry out Cost estimation and controls.
- Investigate and identify cost reduction opportunities through cost analysis review.
- Define policies and procedures for all cost accounting activities.
- Assist Finance Department in preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports.
- Participate in financial audits.
- Assist Finance Manager to implement the company’s financial strategy and decision-making process.
- Special Finance projects as assigned