Terms of Reference
Job Title: Case Worker
Duty Station: Ioannina
Reports to: Senior Social Worker, Protection Manager, Protection Coordinator
Duties and tasks: Purpose/objective of the position:
The Case Worker is responsible for ensuring PoCs wellbeing. The Case Worker supports the Asylum Seekers and other beneficiaries and ensures the best possible case management experience and the achievement of beneficiary’s self-sufficiency. The Case Worker develops individual and/or self-sufficiency plans to match individual needs and preferences utilizing a broad range of services and resources. The Case Worker operates under close supervision with moderate latitude for the use of independent judgment and initiative.
The Case Worker is specifically responsible to identify and document cases, identify needed support and develop an action plan, ensure the follow up and monitoring visits and referral according to standard operating procedures (SOPs).
He/she is expected to be honest and transparent and keep the necessary level of confidentiality on information acquired on the job.
Management and Programme Quality
- Operate within a rights-based approach, respecting AGD and ensure that all activities done are within a protection centred environment
- Ensure referral pathways are followed smoothly
- Carry out initial vulnerability assessments and identify client needs.
- Providing individualized counselling, orientations and support beneficiaries through service referrals, medical access in collaboration with CSW-CwC and advocacy services by assessing and evaluating each client’s distinct needs.
- Independently developing reasonable individual and/or self-sufficiency plans and timelines for each beneficiary and managing beneficiaries’ expectations.
- Support beneficiaries with direct assistance distribution and tracking.
- Ensuring that beneficiaries are provided with the basic tools necessary to meet their established short-term goals and objectives.
- Assessing and monitoring beneficiary progress at regular intervals to ensure progress on goals is made; designated resources are maximized; modifying initial plans and other case file documents as required.
- Ensuring compliance with case management and reporting requirements; including timely data entry in hard-copy files and databases, respecting data protection policy.
- Comply with all protection policies, procedures and protocols of INTERSOS Hellas.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Provide regular progress reports to Senior Social Worker, Protection Manager and Protection Coordinator when asked.
- Provide necessary data as requested so as to facilitate external reporting.
- Compile weekly/monthly data reporting or as often is requested.
Finance and Administration
- Comply with all established procedures for financial management
- Follow administration procedures.
Human Resources and Personnel Management
- Ensure the creation and maintaining of respectful and positive working relationships, which allow for the effective implementation of all activities.
- Participate in smooth communication within the team and with other supporting entities.
Logistics and Procurement
- Follow all procedures applicable to all staff
- Maintain relations with relevant focal points in relation to specific case management matters, under the supervision of the coordinator.
- Perform other tasks and duties as required in order to ensure a correct implementation of project activities
As per main duties outlined above the Case Worker is responsible for
- Reports to Senior Social Worker, Protection Manager, is monitored by Protection Coordinator
- Attend General Meetings
- Attend Protection Meetings and/or other meetings as required
- Regularly update case files
- Log and track data as agreed
- Provide Operational reports as necessary
- Provide incident/security reports as necessary
As per required the Case Worker should be copied in relation to
- General Team issues
- Identification of General Protection Matters
- Specific Protection issues related to cases managed by the person