ManpowerGroup Greece, on behalf of its client, a multinational company leader in building materials, is looking for an Accounting Supervisor.
· Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure
· Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close.
· Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
· Assist the controlling department in the daily banking requirements.
· Ensure the accurate and timely processing of positive pay transactions.
· Ensure the monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
· Supports budget and forecasting activities.
· Collaborates with the Financial Manager and other company departments to support overall department goals and objectives.
· Monitors and analyses department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
· Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
· Responds to inquiries from the Financial Manager, Controller, and other firm wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
· Work with the Controller to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit.
· Supervise the general ledger group to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
· Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
· Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
· Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
· Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
· Support the financial department with special projects and workflow process improvements
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Economics/Finance
· CPA or MBA will be considered an asset
· Professional experience of minimum 5 years with a portion of it being in a supervisory role, preferable in a multinational company
· Strong knowledge of SAP is required
· Fluency in English
· Experienced user of MS Office
· Travel availability
· Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills
· Responsiveness, ability to meet deadlines and prioritize, flexibility and multi-tasking
· Knowledge of employee relationship building and performance management techniques
What is offered:
· Competitive remuneration package
· Long-term career development
· Private medical insurance