Adecco HR is the global leader in HR services, certified in Greece with ISO 9001:2015 in the field of search and selection services and temporary placement. Adecco, on behalf of Cedefop, the European Center for the Development of Vocational Training, one of the EU’s decentralized agencies, based in Thessaloniki Greece, is seeking to recruit a highly motivated candidate with experience in library and documentation activities for the following position:
Librarian (Interim Agent)
The interim agent will work in Cedefop’s premises in Thessaloniki, in the department of Communication and Dissemination- Library and Documentation.
The interim agent will support the development of Cedefop’s Research Support Service (Library service), the institutional Open Access repository as well as the Performance Measurement System.
The department of Communication and Dissemination- Library and Documentation aims at:
• Increasing and improving content of Cedefop’s bibliographic database (VET-Bib)
• Availability for Electronic resources for end users in the Research Support Service
• Supporting the preparation of Cedefop’s institutional Open Access repository and its implementation
• Collecting relevant data for the three external indicators (scientific citations, press cuttings, policy documents);
• Compilation and pre-analysis
• Supports management and access to electronic resources and databases; provides statistics on usage of electronic resources subscribed by Cedefop. Provide on regular basis an overview of usage
• Catalogues documents and publications in the bibliographical database VET-Bib, using KnowAll library software
• Supports Cedefop’s project in setting up a reference’s management library using EndNote and Zotero
• - Performs library tasks, such as creating thematic bibliographies, provides training, database searching, etc.
• Assists in the development of the Cedefop’s Open Access Repository
• Performance Measurement System: provides input for the regular reporting on a) EU policy documents to the preparation of which Cedefop has contributed; b) Citations in policy documents of EU institutions and international organisations; c) Citations of Cedefop publications/studies/analyses in the academic literature; d) Media coverage, take-up of Cedefop’s work in press clippings and social media