At DS Smith our purpose is redefining packaging for a changing world and our goals are aligned to help us achieve this and these are:
- to lead way in sustainability
- realize the potential of our people
- delight our customers
- double our size and profitability
Our Converting Shift Leader will lead appropriate resources to achieve smooth running and efficiencies ensuring production targets are met.
• To meet and exceed agreed targets and goals that match the customer and business needs in line with agreed KPI’s.
• To be accountable for own and others health and safety whilst at work, operating in line with SSOW (safe systems of work) and company procedures to enable a safe working environment.
• To raise any unsafe acts seen immediately with individual(s) concerned or report as appropriate.
• Attend operational planning meetings as required, updating on any issues or challenges ensuring any changes are communicated promptly and appropriately.
• Ensure all documentation and records are accurate, up to date and reflective of current working practices.
• Ensure that proper quality checks take place, taking prompt action to ensure errors are eliminated.
• Continually challenge and develop methods of operating to meet and exceed production plans.