ICAP Recruitment Solutions is part of ICAP, the largest HR Services Provider in Greece. We specialize in assessing and recruiting graduates and entry level professionals both for local and multinational companies.
Our client, IMERYS, the leading global company specializing in the production and processing of industrial minerals, is looking for a driven Junior GL Accountant to join their team.
Junior General Ledger Accountant (Ref 4778/AC/RS/GR)
This is an excellent opportunity for a young graduate or an entry level accountant to set his/her career path, being familiar with the best practices of a leading multinational company and joining a dynamic team.
• Record fixed assets acquisitions and disposals in the system
• Monitor depreciation for all fixed assets
• Reconcile the balance in the fixed asset subsidiary ledger to the summary-level account in the general ledger
• Perform bank reconciliation between bank statements and GL
• Investigate AP and AR discrepancies
• Review masterdata (incl. chart of accounts)
• Book journal entries (revenue, accruals, provisions, reclasses)
Qualifications & Competences
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business (AEI or ATEI)
• 0-2 years’ accounting experience
• Very good Excel skills
• Experience with SAP or other ERP systems is a plus
• Fluency in English; knowledge of German or French will be an asset
• Good numeracy skills
• Accuracy and detail orientation
• Good communication skills
• Self-motivation and resilience
• Hands-on attitude and problem-solving