Who we are:
Ikos Resorts is a 5* all-inclusive chain of resorts in Greece and the Mediterranean. Following a major investment program, Ikos Resorts offer two properties in Greece’s spectacular Halkidiki peninsula and one property in the magnificent island of Corfu. Ikos Oceania and Ikos Olivia in Halkidiki have been recognized by Trip Advisor as among the best resorts in the world! Ikos Resorts have brought a new era in all-inclusive hospitality and are continuously expanding. Opening in May 2019, Ikos Aria, the brand-new stunning resort in the island of Kos is the fourth on the line to continue this award-winning infinite lifestyle luxurious concept!
There has never been a more interesting time to join Ikos Resorts. We’re on a developmental journey and we are now recruiting for a:
Chef / Sous Chef (ref: CSCIR19)
This is an extraordinary opportunity to build a rewarding career in Hospitality.
Where you’ll work:
The Kitchen department is responsible for providing superb guest service in the areas of preparing, cooking and presenting food and desserts, whether be it in a buffet or in an a la carte restaurant, in a lobby bar or in a beach and pool bar. All guests are enjoying gastronomic culinary creations and professional service and this could range from cooking to setting the buffet and from presenting a course to receiving the goods and providing a clean environment.
What you’ll do:
You will supervise all the kitchen activities and provide customer experiences which aim to exceed their expectations. In brief:
• Coordinate and supervise the entire operation of the Kitchen according to Executive Chefs’ instructions and replace him when needed
• Participate in the menu preparations
• Thoroughly understand and have knowledge of all menu items and recipes to provide clarifications to the guests when needed
• Fill in for the Executive Chef in planning and directing food preparation when necessary
• Check quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met
• Supervise health and security standards are met / Comply with / reinforce sanitation regulations and safety standards
• Purchase appropriate supplies, manage food and supply inventories according to budget in agreement with the Executive Chef and Storage department; monitor food and operating costs
• Greet customers, handle all requests and complaints with an exceptionally professional manner; establish a rapport with guests maintaining good customer relationships
• Participate in the recruitment and employee trainings
• Manage and train kitchen staff establish working schedules and assess staff performance